Chain of Lakes
Windermere is surrounded by beautiful lakes.
Windermere is a small town located west of Orlando. While it maintains a natural, rural feel, it is convenient to downtown Orlando, the major theme parks, and world-class shopping malls. Windermere is nestled among the Butler Chain of Lakes, comprised of eleven lakes (ranging from 25 to 1614 acres) which are connected by a system of canals.
Windermere is generally regarded as an upscale environment within the Orlando area. Most of the residents live in single-family homes, and feature a variety of estate homes. The town strives to maintain its small community feel, and maintains ten parks; three piers; a swimming area; boat ramps; and a variety of other amenities.
Windermere has been selected as one of the top places to live in Florida, for families with small children. With an enviable combination of good schools, low crime, college-educated neighbors who tend to support education because of their own experiences, and a high rate of home ownership in predominantly single-family properties, Windermere really has some of the features that families look for when choosing a good community to raise children. Is Windermere perfect? Of course not. But overall this is a solid community, with many things to recommend it as a family-friendly place to live.
Interesting People Live Here
Artists, Sports Stars, and More.
Windermere has more artists, designers and people working in media than 90% of the communities in America. A variety of well-known personalities choose to live in the Windermere area:
- Vince Carter, professional basketball player
- Johnny Damon, former professional baseball player
- Joey Fatone, member of ‘N Sync
- Jay Garner, retired general
- Dee Gordon, professional baseball player
- Rick Goings, Chairman and CEO of Tupperware Brands Corporation
- Ken Griffey Jr., former professional baseball player
- Grant Hill, former professional basketball player
- Skip Kendall, professional golfer
- Shaquille O’Neal, former professional basketball player
- Trevor Siemian, professional football player
- Philip Michael Thomas, actor and musician
- Mark Tremonti, lead guitar player and songwriter for the rock band Alter Bridge and singer, songwriter, and lead guitarist for the band, Tremonti.
- Bubba Watson, PGA Tour Professional
- Jason Williams (basketball, born 1975), former professional basketball player
- Tiger Woods, professional golfer
Contact us today to see Windermere homes for sale.
Home of the Arnold Palmer Invitational PGA Tournament
From the first tee, there’s something about Bay Hill that makes any golfer’s heart beat faster. The breathtaking course sweeps across 270 acres along the shores of the Butler Chain of Lakes. The Champion, Challenger and Charger links feature 27 holes of tour championship golf. Originally designed by Dick Wilson and re-designed by Arnold Palmer, the golf course is a regal testament befitting the King of Golf.
Contact us today to see Windermere Homes for Sale in this golfing paradise.